Friday, October 19, 2012

Dadou goes to school

Hi. My name is Dadou Pierre. I am 9 years old and live at the IFM children's home. I used to live in the mountains but because I had a bad bone infection, I came here to live so that I would be able to get help for my infected leg. Jesus did a miracle and healed my leg! Since my parents have more children now, there is not room for me in their house anymore and they want me to stay here at IFM and go to school.
Last Monday, October 8, 2012 was my very first day of school! I have dreamed about going to school for a long time and I am SO EXCITED to finally be able to go! At my school we all wear uniforms. My uniform is a white shirt with a navy blue skirt. I have to wear white socks and black shoes. I also have to wear white things in my hair with white ribbons. I really wanted a pretty pink backpack but all the ladies at the market said that a black one matches my uniform better. And those ladies are very convincing!
I really like going to school. I have to study hard because everything is in French and I don't know a lot of French yet, but my teacher says that I am doing a good job. I like to come home and practice on my "family" at the mission. You can pray for me that i would be able to keep on learning!
Posted by Alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment