Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Who will help him?

I was walking down the hallway in the hospital, my attention was turned to a bed with what appeared to be a lifeless body on it.
As I got closer the boy reached out his hand and motioned for me to come, he never said a word,
but the beckoning hand, and the look of despair on his face was all it took for me to know what he wanted. His bed was soiled and obviously very uncomfortable.

What should I do? I was busy so I asked one of the nurses to clean it up, I believe she was as busy as me.

The look on the boys face broke my heart and I thought, what would Jesus do if he was here, would he fill the water tanks and stock the shelves and hope someone else helped the needy boy?

The answer was very easy, NO, he would care for the boy, and deal with the water tank and shelves later.

With strength I did not have the minute before I cleaned things up and got the boy back in his clean bed.

What if this boy was actually an angel and I did not know it?
I almost left him lay without helping him.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for some have entertained angels unawares.
Romans 13:2

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear your thoughts Keith! God will under-gird you with strength for every task that seems too big, too hard, or too uncomfortable. Isn't is awesome that Christ left us an example that keeps pushing us on to love, serve, and give? Praying for you all!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete