Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bits and pieces...

I spent my last weekend on Hispaniola in Dominican with my dear friends
Tom & Laurie and Bill Jones and his family.
When Laurie found out I never saw the Aqua ducts
she suggested we go spend some time there, that is where I took this picture.
I am glad we went, it was lovely.

Just after we drove out of customs from crossing from Haiti to Dominican Republic
our truck started to sputter and in short order it stalled and we coasted to a complete stop.
What will we do? We do not have tools to fix this machine.
After a few minutes Keko determined that we were out of gas, so everybody got out and
we had a man powered F150!
Praise the Lord we could see the gas station from where we were
and the road was totally flat so us five men could push the truck by ourselves.
This was a good last memory for me before I headed for USA in a few days.

This picture is one I took in PAP.
I realize there is nothing significant about this picture but it makes me think
about Haiti and everything I have seen and learned while living there.

Thank you to each individual who mad my time in Haiti
a great time of learning and growing.
Although I had many hard and unexpected tests, I can truly say
God intended all this for my good.

1 comment: