Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Dominican Experience..

This is an email I sent to my contact list a few days ago... Mike thought I should share it! May God be glorify!!!

To my Friends and Family,Hello to you all from hot weather Jimany,DR. It has been very hot the past few days that after doing things you sweat buckets of water! Yes it is HOT! But am thankful God has me here.
Since Saturday afternoon I've been living with Kiko and his family. It just reminds me of when I was younger. How they do things, the food they eat and some of the ways they are raising their children. But I'm facing the fact that now am 25 and it seems 
Kiko and Vicky are a sweet couple. They love the Lord and had made choices against their own culture to follow God. Last night Vicky and I were talking and we ended up both, sharing our lives and how difficult was to start wearing a head covering and start dressing more modest but both of us agreed that we are doing it for the Lord and want those around us to see Jesus in us. It was a sweet conversation and I'm so glad we did!
Kiko at IFM Republica Dominicana BBS 2012!
Kiko and I have talked about how Fathers are absent in children's life. In a Latino culture been a Macho takes place in a lot of homes. So if you beat your wife and children you are consider a man that has the control. Here in the Dominican that happens a lot, so Father figures are out of the picture in a lot of homes. It is sad because I believe God ordain man to portrait Jesus life in a family. As a lot of you know I didn’t have my father in my life but that did not stop me from searching for something bigger and I found it in Christ. When I was small for me God was like my earthly father.."He left me so why do I care? God doesn’t care about me” and that’s how in the Latino culture a lot of people see God. If they don’t have an earthly father then they wont believe on God that sent His only son to die for us.That is a sad reality that us Sons and Daughters of God need to change by giving our hearts and talking to those that are in deep pain and don’t know God; about His everlasting love and mercy! A lot of the children here in Jimany live with their moms only so around here everyone knows Kiko. He has a heart for children so his house is always full of them. They come in the morning and stay sometimes till evening! Is so sweet. They want to show them that there is more than just going to church. But a family that loves them as well!!Well maybe I should change the subject to something that happened to Cinthia(a friend from Blue Ridge that came to teach as well) and I one evening. So we came from somewhere ready to take a nice shower. Well for our surprise Kiko bought powder clorine and dumped it in the tank so we were almost burning with this water. It was hard on my skin. I had very dry skin after that! But all in all those are memories am going to remember!! 
Well this has been my week so far! I hope you all are having a great week and serving God where you all are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment